Monday 24 February 2014

IBJJF pan ams and Lutador Open.

Training in America has been a really cool experience so far. Training with Jeremy at Great Grappling is forcing me to learn alot of stuff I don't really use in my own jiujitsu as we both have different styles. This can only be a good thing and of course his teaching is second to none, which I already knew from training with him in Brazil.

 As a keen competitor I am also getting plenty of opportunities to compete, just recently ( after still recovering from jet lag ) I competed at the Newbreed BJJ competition, I managed to win and the team took 2nd place overall - a reflection of Jerermys hard work since returning from his time at Connection Rio.

I am competing at the Lutador BJJ open in 3 weeks, another warm up before the Pan Ams in California in March. We have 6 guys flying out to compete so it will be a awesome experience. Having competed all over the UK mutiple times it will be great to put my skills to the test at a major tournament.


No comments :

Post a Comment